[GNC] Gnc 4.1 Make Fail - MX-LINUX (Debian Buster)

Mike Commissaris commissaris.mike at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 08:59:14 EDT 2020

I'm been playing with MX-LINUX (Debian Buster Based) because it has a
splendid live USB system. Thanks to John's comments I've learned about
holding (and a little about pinning) a package.

I did a new install. But this time installed the version 63 icu-devtools
and libicu-dev packages, "held" them with Apt, and succeeded with the
build. So far it seems to be working. I will look into Debian Bullseye. I
started learning with Linux Mint, but now looking for something a little
more technical.

Thanks all for the comments, and especially to the Devs.

--
Mike