[GNC] Finance quote troubleshooting

Andreas Vyrides vyrasv at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 09:44:57 EDT 2020

Dear Sir,

I have been having some trouble retrieving currency quotes from Perl
using Finance::Quote. I am only interested in currency exchange rates
(have not attempted using anything else). I have been going through all
steps of the wiki, such as running "Install online price Retrieval",
even changing my alpha-vantage key by requesting a new one. I have also
tried to get quotes from outside gnucash by using the terminal with the
following result

"

C:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\bin>gnucash-cli.exe --quotes get
file://C:\Users\EoL\Documents\gnuCash\test\test.gnucash
Found Finance::Quote version 1.49.
* 14:35:49  WARN <gnc.scm> Unable to retrieve quotes for these items:
CURRENCY:USD
   CURRENCY:EUR
Continuing with good quotes.

"

In my attempts to get a single exchange rate from the terminal I get the
following results

"

C:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\bin>perl gnc-fq-dump currency EUR GBP
1 EUR = <unknown> GBP

"

I would like to ensure that I have tried using both API keys in the
appropriate "online quote" in the preferences settings, but every time I
try to get quotes I get an error with "unable to retrieve quotes for
these items: Currency: USD, Currency:EUR"

I am currently using F::Q v1.49, and gnucash v4.1

Thank you for your time and all your support

Kind Regards

DNR