[GNC] OFX log location

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Sep 17 12:08:58 EDT 2020

On Windows it's at C:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\etc\gnucash\environment, while on other Unix-like systems it will be at /usr/etc/gnucash/environment if a distro install; substitute whatever installation prefix you used if not a distro install. Flatpak installs will put it in the flatpak's etc/gnucash directory.

For those who use distro installation one can create environment.local alongside it with your customizations so that it persists through updates. That might work as well on Windows, I'm not sure. It won't work for Gnucash.app on MacOS or on flatpak where the whole directory structure is replaced.

It's a way to set environment variables so that they apply only to GnuCash and are loaded without reference to the shell resource files like .bash_profile, very convenient for all desktop launchers that don't read the shell resource files.

Regards,
John Ralls