[GNC] How to stop a Transfer Funds dialogue autmatically appearing after reconciliation?

Jim DeLaHunt list+gnucash at jdlh.com
Mon Sep 21 03:10:16 EDT 2020

Hello, folks:

I have been catching up on reconciliation of a few credit card accounts
this weekend. For one credit card account, when I click the "Finish"
button to complete the reconciliation, a Transfer Funds dialogue appears
automatically. It has the ending balance of the credit card account
filled in, and is set to transfer from a convenient chequing account to
the credit card account.

Only this one credit card account behaves this way. For other credit
card accounts, finishing the reconciliation does not cause a Transfer
Funds dialogue to appear.

I would like to stop the Transfer Funds dialogue from appearing for this
one account. I can do payment myself. How do I stop it?

I don't see any obvious setting in the Reconcile dialogue, the start
reconciling dialogue, the Edit Account window, or the Gnucash
preference. I don't see this Transfer Funds behaviour mentioned in
either the Help or the Concepts Guide.

Thanks in advance for any help,
      —Jim DeLaHunt, Vancouver, Canada