[GNC] Transaction Report Filter for keyword in Description ?

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Sep 21 12:43:02 EDT 2020

> On Sep 21, 2020, at 8:57 AM, Fran_3 via gnucash-user <gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:
>
> How can I create a Transaction Report for the Check Register...
> set to only display transactions where a keyword appears in the Description field?
> I'm confused by the "Account Name" Filter and the "Transaction Filter" fields...
>
> Thanks for any help.

Even after reading the tooltips? (Hover your pointer over each field.)

Summarizing them, use the Accounts filter to select from which accounts to select the transactions and the transactions filter to select which transactions based on the entered string or regular expression [1] matching the transaction description or notes, or a split memo.

Regards,
John Ralls

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regular_expression