[GNC] MT940 memo being truncated

Gordonjackson75 gordonjackson75 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 17:30:58 EDT 2020

Notwithstanding the known requirement to "skip first 3 lines" of ABN Amro
MT940 files, I think there's a problem with 4.1 import.

In 4.1, importing MT940 results in tag 86 ( Info to Account Owner ) being
truncated, to only show the first line of the tag.  In the ABN Amro format,
the contents can line-break for 3 lines.  This is standard format I believe.

Previously in v3.x I could import MT940 messages from ABN Amro,  and I would
get all of the tag 86 contents appearing in the Transaction Description.

Example, prior to 4.1 (I was on 3.something), I could import MT940
transactions and get this as the Transaction Description:

SEPA INCASSO ALGEMEEN DOORLOPEND INCASSANT: NL03ZZZ301771260000 NAAM: TLS BV
INZ. OV-CHIPKAART   MACHTIGING: NL03ZZZ30177126xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
OMSCHRIJVING: AUTOMATISCH OPLADE N OV-CHIPKAART KAARTNUMMER:XXXXXXXXXXX
OPLAADDATUM/TIJD:28- 06-19 13:31

In 4.1, importing MT940, I get this:

SEPA INCASSO ALGEMEEN DOORLOPEND INCASSANT: NL03ZZZ301771260000

Both files contain the same format of data.

I guess (from searching the forums) that importing MT940 is not particularly
common, but it is making reconciling the import nearly impossible.  Any
guidance appreciated! (I could down grade I guess..)