[GNC] Can't "Save As" to sqlite, is it a compile option?

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Wed Sep 23 16:10:11 EDT 2020

Op dinsdag 22 september 2020 10:13:37 CEST schreef Chris Green:
> On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 01:12:38PM -0500, Adrien Monteleone wrote:
> > I'm pretty sure that *is* documented on the Wiki build pages, or at least
> > used to be. I once built on Ubuntu and found that option on the Wiki to
> > get
> > it working.
>
> Ah, but it's nothing to do with 'building' really.
>
> > I was lightly following some Wiki Build Instruction discussion on IRC
> > recently and I think that very option (with needed dependency) was pointed
> > out as not being quite obvious.
> >
> > Check out the Build on Linux pages (along with the sub-pages about
> > dependencies) and read their Talk sections for more current info and state
> > of the edits.
>
> As above, nothing to do with 'building' IMHO.  It should be in the
> basic 'installation' notes.

Did someone already refer to
https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v4/C/gnucash-guide/basics-files1.html#basics-storage-comparison-tblsect[1]

That's a section in the tutorial about storing your data. And the note on availability of the three
sql backends mentions you may have to install libdbi and the appropriate dbd (sql) backends.

Regards,

Geert

--------
[1] https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v4/C/gnucash-guide/basics-files1.html#basics-storage-comparison-tblsect