[GNC] GnuCash 4.2 Released

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 16:24:02 EDT 2020

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 2:09 PM Jamestk <davidjamestk at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

> Not yet a full time Linux user but noticed another GNUCash icon within the
> Office menu (Mint Cinnamon 19.1) this loads a very fast GNUCash 4.2 without
> the normal installation - is it installed as an upgrade if you have an
> older
> version already installed?

What do you consider "the normal installation" in Mint Cinnamon 19.1? I
would presume that the Mint repositories would contain an older version of
GnuCash (3.8 or older). SO if you have 4.2 I would expect you to have
installed a FlatPak or built it yourself.

If you don't remember how you installed it, what version and build does
GnuCash show when you choose

Help --> About