[GNC] clip board paste across catagories

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Sep 29 18:39:56 EDT 2020

> On Sep 29, 2020, at 2:13 PM, ToddAndMargo <ToddAndMargo at zoho.com> wrote:
>
> On 2020-09-29 13:29, John Ralls wrote:
> > If you're going to reply to bug emails in email please copy the list.
>

> Hi John,
>
> I was writing to you personally.   I don't mind you adding it to the list though.
>
> > In
> > this case I've rejiggered the reply to keep it in the existing thread. I
> > already told you on the bug that this discussion belongs on the mailing
> > list.
>

> Seemed to have worked.
>
> >  Word processing documents don't have rows and columns.
>
> Hmmm.  Perhaps we are talking at cross purposes.
>

> --> word Pro
>    --> Create
>      --> table
>
> <pclndgnbjfjehodf.png>
>
> --> LibreOffice
>   --> writer
>     --> Table
>       --> Insert table
>
> <pedciiiadjdkgmpp.png>
>

> They do look a little like a spread sheet though with all those rows and columns

Oh, a table. I'm used to LibreOffice, which doesn't decorate them like that.

Not that it's germane to GnuCash, but your example of the column of text doesn't work with LibreOffice: Paste a column of text into a table cell and you get a cell containing the column of text. Select 4 cells and paste and you get 4 cells with the column of text repeated in each.

Regards,
John Ralls