[GNC] clip board paste across catagories

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed Sep 30 00:47:56 EDT 2020

> On Sep 29, 2020, at 8:31 PM, ToddAndMargo via gnucash-user <gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:
>
> On 2020-09-29 20:13, John Ralls wrote:

>>> I have not read chapter 18 yet.
>>>
>>> Do you know if there is a way to tell GnuCash to read
>>> a CSV from the command line?
>> Not yet, but ISTR that Geert has it planned. The issue will be when he has time to implement it.
>> Regards,
>> John Ralls
>
> Sounds promising.
>
> Be nice it it would work whilst GnuCash is already running too

That's won't be possible until we have transitioned from an everything-in-memory model to a database model. The alternative, having the command line invocation connect to the running GnuCash, requires multithreading and would
be even harder because of the several solar masses of static variables and non-reentrant functions.

Regards,
John Ralls