[GNC] Trading accounts functionality

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Fri Apr 2 03:32:39 EDT 2021

On 28 Mar 2021, at 11:21, zuperkoleoptera at gmail.com wrote:

> The problem I am facing is the following, after activating trading
> accounts the system created the hierarchy for all the trading
> accounts,
> but also created a bunch of splits in already recorded transactions.
> So
> from the beginning the trading:currency:EUR account has a balance of
> almost 2.300 eur and includes all my transactions related to my crypto
> portfolio.

Merely turning on trading accounts shouldn't create any new splits in
existing transactions.  I suspect you must have used one or more of the
scrub commands to create them.

I would have to have more details to see what is going on, but if you
use one ore more commodities for crypto and have transactions that buy
or sell those commodities in Euros, then it is normal for trading
account splits to be created for those transactions, but only when the
transaction is edited or scrubbed.

Mike