[GNC] Trading accounts functionality

zuperkoleoptera at gmail.com zuperkoleoptera at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 12:42:28 EDT 2021

On Fri, 2021-04-02 at 08:47 -0700, John Ralls wrote:

> > On Apr 2, 2021, at 8:37 AM, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:
> >
> > On Apr 2, 2021, at 4:05 AM, zuperkoleoptera at gmail.com wrote:
> > >
> > > which by the way it
> > > does not use the default security fraction which is 1/00000000
> > > but
> > > 1/0000.
> >
> > The price is in Euro, so it displays as 1/100 of the Euro's
> > fraction. That's for display only, the actual calculated price is
> > as exact a fraction as can be represented with two 64-bit integers.
>
> Sorry, you meant that the BTC amount in the trading split is rounded
> to 1/1000. Maybe there's a 1/1000000 clamp left somewhere in the
> balancing logic?
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

Yes you are right, the account created by the trading subsystem,
Trading:Crypto Currency:BTC-EUR, is in BTC which is a security in the
system not in eur which is a currency.
Although I have switched to use "commodity value" in the "smallest
fraction" switch it still uses 1/0000 instead the 1/00000000.
But this is somehow minor issue as I assume it does not affect the
actual value of the account, it's just visual.