[GNC] Lost all settings after Flatpak update

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sun Apr 4 15:56:20 EDT 2021

>From reading the reports here I believe the settings that got lost you are those stored in
GSettings. Those are not in the configuration directories you  can symlink. On linux (and
hence flatpak) GSettings uses dconf as its backend.

As John already suggested it looks like something has changed with the switch to the new
3.38 version of the gnome sdk our flatpak depends on. At this point it's not clear to me yet
whether that's a bug or a deliberate change.

For the time being you can revert to version 4.4 of the gnucash flatpak by running (all in a
single line)
flatpak update --commit
298cf1b5b77a15d7afda8a58721b075ec8ec0c59f4b16e1e19db98e37c097b07
org.gnucash.GnuCash

If you are on a system that automatically updates flatpaks, you'll also have to temporarily
stop it from doing that. With flatpak (the tool) version 1.5 you can run these commands:
flatpak mask --user org.gnucash.GnuCash
flatpak mask --system org.gnucash.GnuCash

When this issue will be fixed in the future the updates can be unblocked with
flatpak mask --remove --user org.gnucash.GnuCash
flatpak mask --remove --system org.gnucash.GnuCash

Regards,

Geert