[GNC] Frustration (recently used files)

Stan Brown the_stan_brown at fastmail.fm
Mon Apr 5 11:25:35 EDT 2021

On 2021-04-03 18:40, Andrew Ralph via gnucash-user wrote:

> Have previously opened the files/accounts from the file-drop down which works fine but there are only 4 options and I now have 5 accounts/files and as I have been playing with different names and accounts to solve the above issues now can only open 2 is there a way of “seeing” selecting and opening all accounts/files within GnuCash.

You didn't say which OS you're using, but at least in Windows you have

* Create a shortcut to GnuCash with the desired file right on the
command line

* Without opening GC, double-click the file you want to open and let
Windows open GC for you.

* Some versions of Windows maintain "jump lists" of most recently opened
files for a given application, and you can configure the number of
entries in those lists via Windows.

If you have something other than Windows, one or more of the above will
probably work for you too.

--
Stan Brown
Tehachapi, CA, USA