[GNC] Trying to download Gnucash data Files

Jose A. Lorido III fhcatares at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 12:33:42 EDT 2021

To whomever may be able to help,

I have been using Gnucash for my business as well as my personal accounting
on the HDD drive of my laptop. A few weeks ago, my HDD was damaged and
unfortunately, I had not backed up any of my data for the previous 3 years.

I sent my damaged HDD to SalvageData and they were able to recover a number
of files, some of these belonging to the Gnucash program.

The question would be to anyone that may be able to help me is:

1) Which files/folders contain my data files (what would be the extensions
I should look for)?

and

2) How would I go about downloading them into my new SSD drive on my
laptop, or I could also download them to my desktop which also contains the
Gnucash program?

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Jose