[GNC] Trying to download Gnucash data Files

Jack Frillman jcf_m_lists at me.com
Sun Apr 11 16:09:05 EDT 2021

What OS are you using?
It makes a difference where you find them.

For the down loading if your OS is Linux you can easily copy the files
to another computer using ssh.  That's what I do to back my data files
and config files from my Mac to my Linux laptop.

On 4/11/21 12:33 PM, Jose A. Lorido III wrote:
> To whomever may be able to help,
>
> I have been using Gnucash for my business as well as my personal accounting
> on the HDD drive of my laptop. A few weeks ago, my HDD was damaged and
> unfortunately, I had not backed up any of my data for the previous 3 years.
>
> I sent my damaged HDD to SalvageData and they were able to recover a number
> of files, some of these belonging to the Gnucash program.
>
> The question would be to anyone that may be able to help me is:
>
> 1) Which files/folders contain my data files (what would be the extensions
> I should look for)?
>
> and
>
> 2) How would I go about downloading them into my new SSD drive on my
> laptop, or I could also download them to my desktop which also contains the
> Gnucash program?
>
> Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated,
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jose

Old Unix programmers never die, they just mv to /dev/null
- Anonymous