[GNC] Book setup

Rogier F. van Vlissingen vliscony at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 16:23:50 EDT 2021

Correction to prior question:

The opening balance equity is of course merely an accumulator account that
would allow me a cross-check to verify the correctness of the setup of
these books.
What really causes the Catch22 is the fact that the way the initial
configuration of the accounts comes out, it allows only a zero balance for
retained earnings, which is true only if this were the 1st year of
operations, not the 10th year, as is the case here. Ergo, maybe the answer
should be to delete the Retained Earnings account and set up a new one, for
at that time, it should be possible to create a non-zero starting balance.