[GNC] Need help

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Fri Apr 16 07:02:02 EDT 2021

On Fri, 16 Apr 2021 12:54:33 +0200
"Glen Bailie" <ghbailie47 at telkomsa.net> wrote:

> Dear Sirs,
>
> I am trying to set up a set of books, but have come across some
> problems for which I need help.
>
> !) How do I get into Accounts,
>
> 2) How do I do transactions from a bank cheque account, such as
> receipts and payments that are not from customers or vendors. For
> example bank charges, and subscriptions.
>
> 3) When I enter a new Vendor, I get the message " no valid vendor can
> be found" What is wrong  here?
>

> Would you please give me detailed instructions about solving the above
> problems.
>
> Regards,
>
> Glen Bailie

Glen
Welcome here
I think that you would do well to read the concepts guide and tutorial,
which does have detailed explanations, and then start a set of books
simply to experiment with and practise in.

https://code.gnucash.org/docs/C/gnucash-guide.pdf

Warning, because it is detailed, it's 311 pages long.

Then come back with your questions.

Liz