[GNC] difficulties I am having

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Thu Apr 22 17:30:15 EDT 2021

Hi,

On Thu, April 22, 2021 4:29 pm, Glenn Fowler wrote:
> Thank you for the reply Derek but I had already tried that and at least on
> v4.5 it returns nothing. However, gnucash-cli returns the expected
> switches
> (see screenshot)

That is very VERY odd.  It works for me.  I wonder if this is a Windows bug?

-derek

gnucash --help
gnucash [options] [datafile] - GnuCash, accounting for personal and small
business finance:

Common Options:
  -h [ --help ]           Show this help message
  -v [ --version ]        Show GnuCash version
  --debug                 Enable debugging mode: provide deep detail in the
                          logs.
                          This is equivalent to: --log "=info" --log
"qof=info"
                          --log "gnc=info"
  --extra                 Enable extra/development/debugging features.
  --log arg               Log level overrides, of the form
                          "modulename={debug,info,warn,crit,error}"
                          Examples: "--log qof=debug" or "--log
                          gnc.backend.file.sx=info"
                          This can be invoked multiple times.
  --logto arg             File to log into; defaults to "/tmp/gnucash.trace";
                          can be "stderr" or "stdout".
  --gsettings-prefix arg  Set the prefix for gsettings schemas for gsettings
                          queries. This can be useful to have a different
                          settings tree while debugging.

Application Options:
  --nofile                Do not load the last file opened
  --help-gtk              Show help for gtk options

Deprecated Options:
  --add-price-quotes      Add price quotes to given GnuCash datafile.
                          Note this option has been deprecated and will be
                          removed in GnuCash 5.0.
                          Please use 'gnucash-cli --quotes get <datafile>'
                          instead.
  --namespace arg         Regular expression determining which namespace
                          commodities will be retrieved.
                          Note this option has been deprecated and will be
                          removed in GnuCash 5.0.
                          Please use 'gnucash-cli --quotes get --namespace
                          <namespace> <datafile>' instead.

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745