[GNC] difficulties I am having

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Apr 22 19:13:17 EDT 2021

"IIUC" means "if I understand correctly".

No, Register2 is an attempt to rewrite of the register code to use GtkTreeView[1]. It didn't work out but its remains, er, remain.
But I see that I'm wrong about that anyway, Expense and Rebate are the informal labels on the debit and credit columns for expense accounts on the regular register too.

The screenshot is perfect. I'll guess that you've managed to change the account named "Expenses' from type Bank to  Expense. Select Edit>Edit Account... from the menu and in the lower left of the dialog box that pops up see if you can select Bank, then click OK. That should put your column headings back. While you're at it I suggest that you change the account name (first line in the dialog box) to something more descriptive of a checking account, maybe "Business Checking" or "Bank Name Checking".

Regards,
John Ralls