[GNC] Mutual fund quotes in the U. S.

Chris Good goodchris96 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 18:00:38 EDT 2021

Hi David,

I suggest you use gnc-fq-dump to see if Finance Quote (FQ) is returning a date (and time?) for your mutual funds. If GnuCash does not get a date from FQ, then it defaults the date to today. In this case, I suggest the solution would be to have FQ yahoo_JSON modified to provide an appropriate date, based on the time.
It could be quite a complicated mod though. What do you do if the user time zone is not in the US? What about weekends and public holidays?

 An alternative may be to use a different FQ source (alphavantage?).

The problem could also be that FQ is returning a date (and time) but GnuCash is changing the date based on your time zone, but I think that is unlikely as I think it tries to default the time to 11:59 or 10:59am on all dates to avoid that problem just about everywhere in the world.

It may be helpful to also save your GnuCash data as uncompressed xml and see what the date/time is in the price database record.

You can raise a FQ issue at https://github.com/finance-quote/finance-quote/issues

See also https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Online_Quotes

You may like to ensure you are running the latest GnuCash and FQ.

Regards,
Chris Good