[GNC] [MAINT] Unplanned network outage

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Wed Apr 28 11:29:28 EDT 2021

HI,

Around 1pm EDT yesterday my network broke.  I suspect it was a fiber
"jerk" (not quite a fiber cut), but enough force to cause the fiber to
stop sending light through.  I wasn't home when it happened, but the Tech
yelled at me about it.  A new fiber has been run and bits are flowing as
of 11:15am today.

Sorry for the inconvenience (again).  In about a week or two there will be
an unplanned 20-minute outage when they bury a new line and swap it over.

Thanks,

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745