[GNC] Last Reconcile Date fails to update for subaccounts

Uttam Chakravorty uttam at uc4linux.co.uk
Thu Apr 29 12:57:17 EDT 2021

Dear All,

First my thanks to the GnuCash team for the software.  I'm running V4.x
under W10 or Mint (flatpak) depending on need.

My wife and son work together operating as a small UK Limited Company.
Their chart of accounts has several parent accounts with subaccounts
e.g. Motoring with Fuel, Dent Removal, etc,
or Bank with Current a/c, GK a/c (God only knows), etc.

The parent accounts are placeholders with no transactions.

Action:  Accounts screen → select placeholder → right click and select
reconcile → set date → include subaccounts → reconcile.

All being well the reconcile date of the placeholder will update.  The
subaccounts' date will not, though the transactions will be correctly
reconciled.  Where do I start looking for the right question?

Many thanks and best wishes to all, Uttam

--
If this email is not for you, please excuse me as it is a genuine
mistake.