[GNC] Unable to connect to BECU via OFX Direct

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Apr 29 20:41:52 EDT 2021

> On Apr 29, 2021, at 4:00 PM, Marc Champagne via gnucash-user <gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:
>
> I’ve been trying to setup Online Banking so I can connect to BECU via OFX-DirectConnect but the server keeps disconnecting immediately when I try to retrieve my account list.
>
> This is all I see in the dialog:
> 15:56:57 Sending request...15:56:57 Using GnuTLS default ciphers.15:56:57 TLS: SSL-Ciphers negotiated: TLS1.2:ECDHE-RSA-AES-256-GCM:AEAD15:56:57 Waiting for response...15:56:58 Operation finished, you can now close this window.
> Has anyone been able to connect to BECU online backing using OFX-DirectConnect?

http://www.ofxhome.com/index.php/institution/view/825 says "Fail: Did not return valid OFX! Last validated on September 16th, 2020"

https://www.becu.org/support/online-banking explains only their mobile phone app and website, no mention of Quicken.

My guess is that they don't support OFX DirectConnect any more, but call them and ask about using Quicken.

Regards,
John Ralls