[GNC] Invoice numbers and import

Dave Hayes dave at jetcafe.org
Wed Aug 4 16:35:34 EDT 2021

I've noticed undesirable behavior when I import an invoice from a CSV. So when
I import, I select the "next available invoice number" by going into
accounts receivable and noting the last number there.

After doing this, the import works just fine. However if I then go to create
a new invoice from a menu, it will pretend I didn't import and wind up using the
same invoice number as the one I imported.

Is there any way to teach gnucash not to do this? Thanks in advance for any
cogent replies.
Dave Hayes - Consultant - LA CA, USA - dave at dream-tech.com

There is no greater calamity for a nation or individual
than not finding contentment in one's sufficiency.