[GNC] Help Selling & Buying Securities

Fred Bone Fred at mandfb.me.uk
Tue Aug 10 10:26:51 EDT 2021

On 10 August 2021 at 10:01, Jack Frillman said:

> I sort of got it to work but my cash balance is all messed up.
> See attached for the example of my transactions.
>
> In the parent account the cash Balance should be $1,115.05 not $4,676.09
> and I can't figure out why.
>
> Where did I mess up?

Hard to say without knowing what the txns actually were. What you have
told Gnucash is:

- you had 1115.05 on 7/21
- you sold some Midcap Fund for 5213.04 on 8/10
- you bought some Mid Cap Value for 1652.00 on 8/10

which leaves a balance of 4676.09, as shown.

Presumably you have entered the wrong value for either the sale or the
purchase txns, but only you can tell which.