[GNC] Issue with business invoices

alex tutwiler alexd0875 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 14 19:15:58 EDT 2021

 Hi Jim,
Thanks for responding. When I select one of my clients, all that shows in the document section are previous pre payments I entered before I decided I needed to use invoices so I could keep track of payments better. Never an invoice created for this client.Alex T.

 On 2021-08-14 14:12, alex tutwiler via gnucash-user wrote:
> Hi,
> I read the manual on how to create an invoice, post it, and then process a payment against it, but I have two issues with this process:
> - When I post an invoice, it automatically shows as PAID, before I can process a payment for it.- When I try to process a payment for a specific invoice, I do not have the option in the pop up window to select an invoice for that payment. Here is what the pop up window looks like:
>

> No invoice shows under document. And there is no invoice ID selection field.
> I just updated the software version to 4.6, and that did not help any.What am I doing wrong?Thanks in advance!Alex T.

Alex:

I use the invoices feature of GnuCash, but I haven't logged a payment in
a while, so I forget the details.

However, in your screen grab, the UI says, "You must select a company
for payment processing". There is a "Partner" section, with a pull-down
menu "Customer". What happens when you try to select the customer to
whom you sent the invoice in that "Customer" menu?

It is strange that the UI uses three different words — "Partner",
"Customer", and "Company" — to refer to what I think is the same concept.

Best regards,
      —Jim DeLaHunt