[GNC] Creating Custom Reports

John M Dennis john.dennis2016 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 20:07:38 EDT 2021

Good Day to you all!

I have just set up my family finances with GnuCash (version 4.6) and am
looking into the various reports. What I need, and have yet to find, is
a simply report my wife and I can access to see how well me are doing
with our budget each day. Specifically I am looking for the following:

	Checking Acct #1
	Today's Balance
+
	Checking Acct #2
	Today's Balance
=
	Daily Balance
	Subtotal
-
	Budgeted
	Total amount budgeted for the current pay period. This would include
All Budgeted Expenses & Amounts Transferred to holding accounts for
later payments. This could also be expandable to the various sub
accounts I have set up
+
	Paid
	Amounts already paid out for all expenses and transfers to Holding
Accounts. These cold also be expandable to include sub accounts.
=
	Available Balance
	What is left for discretionary spending. This is the big one that I
would like to see spelled out for us.

Each of the reports I have seen and played with will do some of this but
I haven't seen any that will give me all of the above. If there is
something out there or if I am missing something, I would really like to
know.

Anyone who could help me out with this, I would really appreciate.

Thank you very much.

John