[GNC] Reports in Alternate Language

paul at kroitor.ca paul at kroitor.ca
Fri Aug 20 13:09:24 EDT 2021

Hello all. This may have already been covered, but after the death of Nabble
I can't see how to do searches throughout the archive.

I need to produce accounting reports in a different language (French), but I
would prefer to use a single installation of Gnucash (all my other sets of
books are English).

1.	Can I switch languages just for printing the reports? If yes, how? I
understand that the Account Names, Descriptions, and so on are all going to
need to be recorded in French in this set of books.

2.	If that's not possible, how can I install two versions of GnuCash on
Windows? Can I open the books in English Gnucash, work on them, then close
and reopen the same books in the French GnuCash?

Thanks as always for all help and suggestions,

Paul