[GNC] Financial Account Structure for Australian Shares and ETFs

flywire flywire0 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 09:37:15 EDT 2021

The guide leaves stock and mutual fund financial account structure very
open and search only showed one Franking/Franked thread in the recent past.
I'm wondering what people do in practice.

Share dividends looks doable: Bank deposit = Unfranked + Franked - Tax
Withheld. Franked has unpaid Franking Credits. Where does the contra
account for Franking Credits sit? (I use a fairly simple account tree.)

ETFs: have about 10 tax codes that don't bear much resemblance to actual
payments. How do people handle these? (I realise financial records only go
so far preparing for tax. It's looking like a spreadsheet.)

I'm not looking at tracking physical shares/ETFs in GnuCash.