[GNC] read-only accounts

Mattia Rizzolo mattia at mapreri.org
Fri Dec 3 09:17:15 EST 2021

On Thu, Dec 02, 2021 at 08:33:51PM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Mark the account as a PlaceHolder account and it'll be read-only.

Oh, that's a nice trick I didn't think of!  Thanks!

Howver, it seems to me that it doesn't fully lock down the account.  If
I tried to change a split belonging to that account from "the other
side", it first nags me about changing a reconciled split, then it
errors out saying that "the account doesn't allow transactions" (because
it's read-only), but it then still proceeds to record the changes,
regardless of the warning.
Is that the expected behaviour?

--
regards,