[GNC] read-only accounts

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Fri Dec 3 13:22:58 EST 2021

Maybe the warning could be more helpful. (via a more accurate description)

If the issue involves affecting a placeholder account that shouldn't be
edited, and *not* just the editing of a reconciled transaction, the
warning should inform the user this is the case. (or maybe the register
should show some special designation for placeholder accounts, so the
user would catch this at a glance)

While the rules around the reconciled warning have been relaxed, there
are times where editing them is acceptable, but without remembering
which accounts were marked placeholders, this incomplete warning can
result in 'unexpected' behavior.

Though I'll concede this particular case still at least prevents
'inadvertent' editing since you have to dismiss the warning.

Regards,
Adrien