[GNC] Bitcoin is legal currency in El Salvador - why not add BTC?

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Sun Dec 5 10:30:57 EST 2021

I've not been following this list much, but I gather the developers have
been reluctant to add cryptocurrencies. But now

* Many companies and charities are accepting cryptocurrencies for payments
or donations.
* Bitcoin (BTC) is legal tender in El Salvador
* Many people using cryptocurrency as an investment

Is there not a case for adding cryptocurrency support? For anyone able to
build GnuCash from the source code, I would expect it to be a trivial
matter to add whatever currency they want, but I would have thought there's
a good case for adding cryptosupport, in addition to fiat currencies.

Dave