[GNC] Suggestion to permit entry of EORI number

davidcousens49 at gmail.com davidcousens49 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 20:48:22 EST 2021

Dave,

The EORI is not accounting or financial information per se but business information and it is specific to a particular jurisdiction. It may be appropriate for it to appear on business reports in which case you could prepare custom reports for your business that include it.  GnuCash maintains its applicability in many jurisdictions by as far as possible restricting its scope to dealing with the core financial information as generically as possible.
The facilities are provided in terms of the ability to program custom reports in
Scheme (https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Custom_Reports#Get_to_know_Scheme) or to
use the Python API interface https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Python_Bindings or
SQL if using the database backends for the user to extract information and
present it in any desired manner. Information which is specific to your business
or operation can be hard coded in the report

David Cousens