[GNC] Advanced Portfolio Template: Population of data with dividends

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 10:44:23 EST 2021

IIRC Tom's suggestion is the key to getting dividends correctly assigned in
the Advanced Portfolio Report.  I cannot find the documentation either, but
there is a lot of information in the Tutorial chapter on investments <
https://gnucash.org/viewdoc.phtml?rev=4&lang=C&doc=guide>

On Wed, Dec 8, 2021 at 9:36 AM Tom Teixeira <tjteixeira at earthlink.net>
wrote:

> On 12/8/21 10:09 AM, Thomas wrote:
> > Dear User-List,
> >
> > I successfully populated the advanced portfolio template with most of
> > the data by selecting of all the accounts of my securities.
> > What I did not manage to get filled is the "money in" column, to also
> > include received dividends in the calculations. I tried to add the
> > accounts with the dividends, but that was not successful.
> > My question essentially is, how to properly fill the "money in" column
> > with dividends.
>
> I don't remember where it is in the manual, but add a split to the
> dividend transaction and include the asset account for the stock. You
> shouldn't have to enter any amount for the stock itself unless you are
> reinvesting some or all of the dividend.

David Carlson