[GNC] An automated depreciation calculator would be really helpful.

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Wed Dec 8 19:43:59 EST 2021

On Thu, 9 Dec 2021 00:34:04 +0000
"Dr. David Kirkby" <drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk> wrote:

> So each time an asset is purchased, one needs to start depreciating
> it from then. It's not true to say this is just done once per year.

My scheme is to do all the calculations shortly after purchase, until I
get to zero. I'm not sure whether this is the same as my accountant's
calculations.
So I enter all the transactions, each for a different year and I never
have to look up again whether it was a 5% or a 30% or a 100%
depreciation schedule.

I can see an advantage to a calculation scheme in software to do
it for me.

Liz