[GNC] Bitcoin is legal currency in El Salvador - why notadd BTC?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Fri Dec 10 15:09:21 EST 2021

That'll get you a court date in the U.S.! (it is a specific crime,
called 'structuring')

It isn't 'illegal' here to use any amount of cash, as far as I'm aware,
but over $10K and you have to fill out paperwork. (I think there is a
lower limit around $3K where a bank reports on you, and isn't even
allowed to tell you they did so)

But don't get 'caught' with any amount of cash any random officer deems
'excessive' or they can claim it is 'illicit' and just take it with
little practical recourse.

Regards,
Adrien