[GNC] Directors loan - do I need an expense account?

davidcousens49 at gmail.com davidcousens49 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 15:33:07 EST 2021

Gyle
With one caveat. If the item is a capital item and its intended use is over a
period which is longer than a single accounting period it would not normally be
regarded as an expense but as a capital purchase. Most jurisdictions will have a
threshhold value where the item can be expensed immediately if below a threshold
value but is regarded as a capital purchase if above , i.e is recorded as an
asset not as an expense.

David Cousens