[GNC] Changing colors and layout on 4.8

AC gnucash at acarver.net
Fri Dec 10 18:36:14 EST 2021

I'm familiar with those distinctions but it gets more complicated than
that.  In this particular case, my account is local (the machine is
standalone and not part of a domain) yet some software still uses
Roaming rather than Local for storage.

Local isn't just for local accounts.  Some data belonging to a domain
user will also end up in Local for data that is specific to the machine
you are using at the time which doesn't make sense to synchronize across
machines.  In the end it's up to the application itself to decide where
to write data by selecting the appropriate API calls, Windows doesn't
enforce one over the other.