[GNC] Entering dividends of stock in another (new) company

Mattia Rizzolo mattia at mapreri.org
Sun Dec 12 07:44:34 EST 2021

On Sat, Dec 11, 2021 at 08:47:03AM -0600, hnh.63144 at gmail.com wrote:
> In recent years, several companies have spun off stock into a new company.
> Examples are HP (DXC and others) and Pfizer (Veritas). Now IBM has created
> Kyndryl.  I have combed the help files and wiki and can't figure out how to
> best enter this.  Any ideas?

To save searches, attached is a screenshot of my book for O.N (Realty
Icome, Co.), which last month split off ONL.N.

The account which name is cut off is
    Assets:Inveestments:<bank/broker name>:Stocks USD:<stock ticker>

TBH, I'm not sure if what I did was the perfectly correct action, as I
didn't verify if gnucash was able to properly lower the buying price,
something I'm not interested myself (as I let my banks/brokers worry
about computing capital gain/losses).

to copy the transation:

                    shares      price       buy         sell