[GNC] Trouble creating this report

Daniel Torstenson dtorstenson21 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 23:43:38 EST 2021

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I'm trying to
create a report like the one enclosed. It seems very similar to something I
can create with the "Transaction Report", but I can't quite get it. So this
report shows the amount spent in each of the expense subaccounts, broken
down by month. But for each higher-level account, it shows the sum of all
subaccounts (in bold in the enclosed report).

I can set up a Transaction Report to show all the subaccounts, but without
all the higher-level sums.

I figured I could just create two separate reports instead. One that has
only the individual subaccounts and one that has only the top-level expense
accounts (Food, Housing, etc.) But I actually couldn't figure out how to do
that second report, either. So I'm turning to you. Any ideas?

Thanks!