[GNC] Colored account tabs in 4.8 don't show current selection

AC gnucash at acarver.net
Mon Dec 13 01:42:18 EST 2021

After having gotten the main registers to all use dark themes I tried
using colored tabs for the first time.  That indeed has been helpful to
make it easy to spot particular accounts from a big list of tabs (all
bank accounts are one color, credit cards another, etc.)

But one thing I noticed is that for tabs that do not use color, the
currently selected account tab has a vertical blue bar to its right
(assuming the tabs are aligned on the left side of the screen) and the
shade of the tab changes slightly (i.e. dark gray tabs in the dark theme
turn a slightly lighter shade of gray).

However, when using color for the tabs, the blue bar does not appear
when you select a colored tab.  The color completely overrides
everything so you can't tell at a glance which of the tabs you've selected.

I'll have to go back and drop color from the accounts for now because
it'll be too easy to not notice which account I'm using and start
entering things. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there potentially
a workaround to bring the selector color back while still using colored
account tabs?