[GNC] Coloring the Action field

AC gnucash at acarver.net
Fri Dec 17 01:06:44 EST 2021

No, actually I know exactly what I want to accomplish and the colored
field to make the particular transaction stand out in the register is
precisely what I want to do.  That's how I work.

I already have the splits set up exactly they way they need to be.  I
just don't have the specific amounts in the splits, I have approximate
amounts.  If it's the loan, it's exactly the same transaction as all the
fully documented transactions, the total is the same because it's a
fixed amount, I just have a nominal placeholder for loan principle and
loan interest splits.  I just want to go back and edit those later.

I DO NOT want to open yet another register every time I want to look for
transactions that need to be updated. I prefer just to skim through the
checking account register which has a variety of transactions both fully
documented and some that are awaiting documentation (final split
amounts, transaction IDs from the bank, etc.)