[GNC] how to remove both GNC 4.2 and Flathub version 4.8 so can upgrade to 4.9 on Ubuntu 20.04lts

Jeff beastmaster126 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 20 03:12:47 EST 2021

I currently have GNC Version 4.2 installed on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. At the
recommendation of a former post for info I also have 4.8 from flat-hub
somewhere on my system (have yet to find out where or how to remove it).

4.2 is is in the launch bar and has desktop icons to multiple sets of
books.  The only way I have found to run 4.8 is in software manager and
have to change books manually (which 4.8 also had the nasty habit of
creating backup files on the desktop for some reason).

1) How do I uninstall both versions?

2) how do I install 4.9 (preferably without Flathub)?  I also need
desktop icons to launch GNC from the desktop for multiple sets of books
(lucky me, I am the accountant/tax man for the entire family!  I won't
even go into what condition I receive financial records in).

I am not opposed to building from source code but; all of my tries have
so far failed miserably on GNC.

It's a simple mater under Windoze but so far nothing I have tried works
on Ubuntu.  And yes, I need the desktop icons for each set of books as
the icons are linked to each individuals books across multiple drives on
remote servers not just mine. My memory has had to many read/write
cycles to keep track of who is on which server drive and file name.

--
--JEffrey Black M.B.A.