[GNC] Search Results

David H hellvee at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 18:25:42 EST 2021

David,

Short answer I don't think you can unfortunately.  As Find and Find Account
are on the Edit menu, probably more logical to keep it there if something
were implemented.  You can, when the Search Results is the current tab, go
back in to Find and instead of a New search add to your existing Find by
selecting "Refine current search" so perhaps it would be nice if when you
selected "Refine current search" it re-displayed the search criteria in use
- no need for a menu item at all then.  Even better if you could name
searches and it remembered previous searches and populated a dropdown list
with the search names giving you the ability to click on a search name and
have the details populated in the Search Criteria screen fields.

You may be better off using a saved report instead - that would show you
the search criteria in the report options allowing you to tweak things as
required ?

I did ask some time ago why gnucash doesn't remember previous searches to
allow you to re-run them by just clicking on the search entry as I was
searching in individual accounts repeatedly for the same target but then
Adrien put me on the straight and narrow by suggesting I use Find as
opposed to Find Account :-)

Cheers David H.