[GNC] 4.9 on Ubuntu 20.04 not saving preferences

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Tue Dec 21 09:49:14 EST 2021

Hi Tim,

It's by luck (and some randomness in order of processing files) that this build works. The
contents of the schemas directory has both the obsolete and the new schema files. To
prevent this issue from happening again in the future, you should remove all files that start
with "org.gnucash" but keep those that start with "org.gnucash.GnuCash".

You can move your source and build directories to a more convenient location if you like. You
may have to rerun the build, but that's fine.

You can even still run "make uninstall" now in your 4.6 build directory followed by "make
install" in the 4.9 build directory to formally sort this out.

Regards,

Geert Janssens