[GNC] Correcting reconciles

Gyle McCollam gmccollam at live.com
Fri Dec 24 12:35:18 EST 2021

Reconciliation is just a way to get your account balance to agree or reconcile with the bank, etc.  It does not adjust your books.  You would only unreconcile a transaction that you mistakenly reconciled that has not been recorded by the bank or other institution.  Yes, the transaction is still in your account because you still wrote the check or charged the credit card item.  If it is a bad entry that you didn't intend to make you would delete the transaction.

When you reconcile an account you are not changing the books in anyway.  You are only verifying that the transactions have clear your account.

Adrien, wrote: "For example, if the unbalanced amount ends with a '9' there is a decent probability you transposed digits somewhere." , but actually if the amount is divisible by '9' that would indicate a transposition, it doesn't have to end with a '9'.  Otherwise, I'm saying basically what she told you, so hopefully between the two answers you will get the guidance you need.

Thank You,
Gyle McCollam

Gyle McCollam

609.680.2326                     Mobile