[GNC] Build scripts for ubuntu added to the wiki

david whiting dw at davidwhiting.me.uk
Mon Dec 27 05:20:51 EST 2021

Yes, git pull updates what you already have. There's a lot to git and
it can quickly become confusing, but to just build gnucash you don't
really need to know much about it. In simple terms, it is a database
that records changes to files/code. Making an analogy to gnucash, each
git commit is like a transaction. When you git clone you are getting a
copy of all of the transactions at that point in time; when you git
pull you download any new transactions; and git checkout takes you to
a certain point in the transactions (so you can see the "balance" of
the code at that point). This analogy will probably break very
quickly, so I won't go any further!

I'm glad you were able to build it OK.

David

--