[GNC] How can I fudge a quotation in GnuCash and convert it to invoice if accepted?

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Tue Dec 28 19:40:28 EST 2021

On Tue, 28 Dec 2021 at 22:16, Liz Dodd <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Dec 2021 22:00:23 +0000
> "Dr. David Kirkby" <drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > I think there are some fudges to get around the inability to create a
> > quotation, but what are they? I believe someone said create an
> > invoice, but do not post it. Whilst I can do this, and go back and
> > retrieve the invoice, the invoice has no contents.
>
> That is the way to make a quotation.
> I just did one now, to be sure, made an invoice
> left unposted
> saved the file
> and told the system to "Print Invoice"
> What used to say "Quotation" now says "Invoice in progress"
> so you would need to make an altered report which said "Quotation"
>
> Liz

Thank you. I had not pushed the carriage return, so  the invoice was empty.
😢😢😢

Next I will need to sort out how to alter the report. I can see this is
likely to be a bit error prone, as it will be easy to generate an invoice
using the wrong report. Could the layout of the report be changed later,
after the invoice had been posted, if the invoice actually said quotation,
rather than invoice?

Dave