[GNC] Description from Bill/Invoice not Posting on General Ledger Memo Field (GNU Cash V4.5)

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Dec 28 21:41:41 EST 2021

By 'Descriptions' I'm guessing you mean the descriptions for the
individual line items. (there is no generic 'description' field for a
bill/invoice)

The only way to see that is to uncheck the 'accumulate splits' box when
posting. (alternatively, under Preferences > Business > General >
'Accumulate Splits on Post' should be unchecked to change the default)

Now each of your line items will show up when looking at any affected
register (in either Split/Auto-Split/Transaction Journal mode) or Tools
 > General Journal. (which is fixed to Transaction Journal mode)

Regards,
Adrien